



The first day on the Big Island was the Big Day for Jim, Krista, Mike, Jess and Hannah---Ziplining. With my back, I am not allowed to do the zipline because of the rough landings, SO I took the shuttle and went shopping while the others had a blast in the trees of Hawaii. They drove north to the coast at Hawi, rode a Swiss Army vehicle through the muddy back roads and got strapped into harnesses. Jim says it's a safe system, but there is just something wrong about riding a rope across deep ravines yelling as you go (actually I am very jealous). There were eight separate rides which got progressively higher. To finish the last zipline they literally ran and jumped over the edge of the cliff with a huge tree below that seemed to come up to meet them. Everyone loved it as you can see from the photos: Hannah is flapping like a bird, Jim is grinning from ear to ear and all five were ready for a moi moi (nap) when they returned home hours later. I, of course, was well rested. MA
No comments:
Post a Comment